*WARNING: this is me venting. I'll try to make it brief.*
I have 4 weeks left and I'm at that point where I don't know if I can make it.
I can't sleep at night.
My back aches.
I get sick after I eat anything.
I am exhausted.
I look like a whale.
I can barely fit into clothes, hallways, booths at Pizza Factory (haha, laugh it up girls).
To top it off, I have a horrible cold. The only medicine I have at home is Nyquil which I desperately wish I could take but know I can't. So I'm just sucking it up for now; tomorrow morning I have a dr appt and I'll ask him what I can take.
Everyone says it gets even harder when the baby is here (especially the whole no sleep/exhausted part) but I'm pretty miserable now and with 4 more weeks I'm sure I'm only going to get more miserable before baby comes. Grrrrr.
Oh, and we got our new carpet which is AWESOME but we haven't put our house back together so it's a mess and the nursery isn't even started and I haven't gotten any of my school-sub-stuff put together like I wanted to and DAAAAHHH!!!!!
I want my epidural now, please.
Monday, December 29, 2008
I'm so sick of being preggo.
Posted by ashley at 4:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
LOL, epidural now. When Liah was about 3 weeks old, and she woke up during the night (again), I thought, "Would you PLEASE go back in my belly for just 1 night, so I could get a little sleep?" It is exhausting once they arrive, and even though you are uncomfortable, they are all taken care of inside that belly.
At first I felt like all I did was sleep and nurse and have sore boobs. It gets easier after the first 3-4 weeks. Don't expect to get anything done those first few weeks and write in your journal when you are feeding that beautiful baby. I have so many journal entries from when Liah was little because I spent so much freakin' time on the couch, and now they are so fun to read.
This time around, I couldn't wait to have Anna, and haven't looked back. It is so much easier than I originally thought (less mental/emotional stress than the first). Now I am sad that I don't have the option to have so much down time to just watch them - they grow so fast. Even though the first little while is so tiring, absoulutly NOTHING compares to holding a newborn and just contemplating about how amazing they are. Enjoy all the minutes you can - you'll never get them back and you'll never be able to spend that much time with the following children because there are older children to take care of.
Best of luck in the last 4 weeks! Sounds like you've got a lot to keep you busy.
Sorry we didn't come to PF, it would've been a lot of fun to see you, but I didn't want the baby out and exposed to all the nasty germs!
good luck! i agree with elaine. the second one is a lot easier in a few ways. my little boy will be a year old in two weeks!!!! time flew by so much faster than it did with isabelle. enjoy the time you have with him. can't wait to see pictures!!!!
I didn't read the other posts so I am not sure if this was already written but my ob says you can take Tylenol cold meds. Hope that helps. Hang in there! You can do it!
My ob always recommended Sudafed while I was pregnant, which I was very grateful for, seeing as Sudafed was the only thing that would even TOUCH my colds. (Not the new crappy Sudafed PE garbage, but rather the ORIGINAL Sudafed, that you have to ask for behind the counter.) Ask your dr. about it.
Sorry you're so miserable! Those last four weeks are the hardest. Hang in there!
I TOTALLY hear you. The last little bit is miserable. The last few days I spent watching episode after episode of Prison Break just to keep my mind off of the fact that I was pregnant.
And yes, having a new baby IS tiring, but I like it SO MUCH better than being pregnant. I honestly sleep more now.
Post a Comment