Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Introducing Jay Christopher Dixon!



Here's Topher! He is so freaking adorable!! We love him so much!! These pictures don't even do him justice, come see him in person and you'll see how gorgeous he really is!

Jay Christopher Dixon (we call him Topher) was born Tuesday, Feb. 3 at 9:49 am. He weighed 8 pounds 15 ounces and was 21 inches long. We went to the hospital that morning to be induced cuz he was a week late, but what started as a normal induction quickly turned very scary. The doctor broke my water and started the pitocin drip around 8:45 am. Our first clue should've been how little water there was left, hardly any at all. Then my mom, Jay, and I were just talking, hanging out, watching my contractions on the computer next to us when suddenly 3 nurses ran in saying the baby was in distress. They turned me on my side, then my other side, then somehow there were 6 nurses in the room, then somehow my dr. ran in and said we needed to do an emergency C-section right now. They shove a catheder in me (ouch) and wheel me off. Jay, my mom, and I are crying and just freaking out but it happened so fast. Next thing I know I'm in a tiny room filled with nurses and doctors and someone is putting a mask on me telling me to take deep breaths while the doctors are holding scaples next to my belly and yelling they're ready to go. The only thing I remember saying was "get him out, get the baby out" cuz I realized this was a life or death situation. Then I passed out and 7 minutes later they pulled baby out and he screamed and cried just like a normal baby.
About an hour later they woke me up and I was super loopy and in TONS of pain. The rest of the day Tuesday was really rough. LOTS of pain. TONS of pain. Let me tell ya, emergency c-sections are no fun at all. But I'm just so thankful that they got my baby out safe and in time. One doctor told us that if another 5 minutes had passed Topher wouldn't have survived. SCARY. So I'm just so grateful that everyone was there to help and did their jobs quickly and saved my baby. Think of the scary dangerous episodes of those TV shows like House or ER... yeah, we lived it.

So Topher is here and beautiful and we are recovering fine. I am still in the hospital right now blogging from Jay's laptop. TONS of pain still, but I get to take lots of pain killers so it helps. Can't get out of bed, go potty, or anything like that on my own... it's crazy. Jay is completely awesome. He is such a great husband and dad. He is so dang cute with Topher! And he's taking great care of me. Today was better than yesterday, and I'm hoping tomorrow will be better than today! If everything goes well, they'll send us home from the hospital on Friday morning.

I know I'm just rambling now but I wanted to get you all an update while I had a minute. I'll be sure to include lots more details about our hospital stay and family and friends and Tophers "eating habits" and all that fun stuff in later blogs. Thanks for all your support and friendship during this crazy scary painful wonderful time in our lives.

14 comments:

Mike and Noel said...

Congrats Mommy!
He is adorable! Im so happy for you! Im sorry it was kind of a scary ordeal, but Im glad Topher is here and is healthy! Im so glad you still have time to blog all about it!
Love and AOE!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness - I'm glad to hear that Topher is okay but I'm so very sorry that it was so horrible for you. We'll keep you both in our prayers.
I hope you feel better soon and heal quickly!!

skinners said...

Ashley! I am so glad your are both safe and sound. What a miracle - thank goodness for doctors, right? :) Topher is adorable and I love the name. I hope you feel MUCH better tomorrow and each day after that. I wish we were in Utah so I could meet your little guy. Maybe when we come up in April. Good luck with your recovery and your new little one. Isn't it so fun to see your hubby being a dad? I love it. We're thinking and praying for you!

Sheri said...

Congratulations!!! He's so sweet and tiny! Well, almost nine pounds isn't exactly "tiny", but he's tiny compared to my one year old!

What a scary delivery. I'm so glad you are both alive and healthy.

andrea said...

Crazy!!!! I'm glad that you are doing fine and that topher is okay. I'll keep you in our prayers!!

Jen said...

That sounds like it was pretty intense, I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well now. Little Topher is adorable! I can't wait to meet the little guy! I love the pic of your little family, it is precious!

Kierst said...

All I can say is WOW?!?! I am glad you are okay and that Topher is okay and I am really excited to come see you guys soon!

Stephani said...

Crazy! I am so glad that everything worked out for the best! Yay for good doctors and nurses! We are thinking of you and praying for you! We want to come by when you are home! Congratulations and enjoy Topher - he is so cute! You guys are lucky parents!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ash! So scary, but I am happy to hear that everything is ok. Can't wait to see more pictures of the little guy.

RonElaine said...

Ash - what a trooper! I hope you start feeling better - or getting more pain meds :)

Babies are the most magical things in the whole world - no matter how you feel and the stress it causes, they take your breath away every time you look at them.

Love you and thinking of you often.

Natalie Kay said...

I'm gonna come see you tomorrow if you can ever get out of that hospital! Congrats on a beautiful baby boy, I'm so excited for you and Jay!

Meridy said...

I'm so glad he is here safe and sound! Congrats on your new baby!!

Things get better day by day. Just make sure you take naps if you need them!!

Shantelle said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!

The Andersens said...

Ashley-- I some how came across your blog... Congratulations on your new baby boy! he is such a doll....