Thanks, friends. I know. It's not like this is news to me. I realize that most of my blogs start with "I am such a slacker!" or "I haven't been on here in forever" or some other lame excuse/apology. Now that I think about it, many of my blogs end with "I swear I'll do better!" or "I'll definitely blog more from now on!"
Confession:
LIES.
LIES, I SAY!!!!
Truth: I am a compulsive liar. I can't help it.
So while I honestly wish it were the truth, that I would pledge every spare second I have to the upkeep of my semi-pathetic and usually unexciting blog, it's just wishful thinking. REALITY CHECK: I go long periods of time without blogging. Deal with it. And actually, it should make us all more thankful for the blogs that I actually do write. So I'm going to go play xbox360 Kinect with my Jay until Topher wakes up from his nap. Then we're going to Walmart to buy dinner for family coming over tomorrow night to celebrate our birthdays. Life will go on, whether I blog about it all or not.
Now I realize I might sound like a Blog-hater. You might be wondering why I even bother. Answer: occasionally I love blogging. It's documentation that I'm still living life. Rest assured, friends, I don't hate blogging; I just hate the PRESSURE to blog. So I am choosing to be over it. Starting. NOW.
And I am CELEBRATING the fact that I can end this blog without one of my usual "I'm so sorry, I'll try harder, blah blah blah" nonsense. Hip Hip HOORAY!!!
Happy Holidays! Happy New Year! Don't know when I'll be back here! And I'm okay with that!!!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
"You NEVER blog anymore!"
Posted by ashley at 12:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment