Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Who will be the next American Idol? Not me!!

We got back from our 2 week California vacation. I'll post pics and more info when I get time.

I went to American Idol auditions today. I had to wake up at 3:00am to get ready and get to Salt Lake by 4:30am where we waited in line for maybe 3 hours. If you watched the morning news you might have seen me with Big Buddah, I was right there in front of the camera. Really cool.

They finally let us all in the building, we sang some group songs, filmed some shots, and I got to see Ryan Seacrest, Justin Guarini, and Jon Peter Lewis up close which was exciting. My section had to wait FOREVER to audition! We didn't get our chance until around 4:00pm. I was first to sing in my group and when I stepped up in front of those producers I guess I was more nervous than I thought because my mind went completely blank; I started singing and forgot my words!! Oh no!! So I had to start over! DAH!! Oh well, once I remembered the words I didn't do too bad. Unfortunately they told everyone in my group none of us were good enough to advance to the next round. I talked to a lady on the crew who told me that out of almost 7,000 auditioners only about 120 moved on to the next round, then they sing for producers again who cut it down to around 60, then those 60 get to go to Randy, Paula & Simon.
Only 120 out of 7,000??? Whew!! Let's just say A LOT of us got cut.

But I am so glad I went. It was seriously a ton of fun!!! I made a ton of new friends and we were so crazy and loud the entire time. The whole experience was totally worth it and I'm really happy I went through with it.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I am proud of you just for going, that takes some serious guts! I would have totally been there with you if I was still in Utah. 120 out of 7000 is lame though. Hope you had fun on your trip, it was awesome seeing you while I was in Utah!

Rachel said...

Wow, Ash! That's so awesome that you went! I think you should have made it - that would have been awesome to see you on TV :D

andrea said...

that's so cool that you tried out. sorry that you didn't get picked, that would of been awesome to say hey! i know her! what a great experience though!

My life in a blog said...

My question is: why do they pick horrible people to sing for Randy, Simon, and Paula. The 1st 3 episodes are filled with people singing for them who CAN't sing.
That's awesome that you had fun though!! :)