Thursday, November 19, 2009

Surgery


Since we're trying to keep things semi-private for awhile, here is the extremely un-detailed version:

Jay had surgery Tuesday.
I took Tuesday, Wednesday, and today off work to take care of him.
Recovery has been slow and painful, but going good now.

What I have learned the past few days is how thankful I am to have a loving husband around the house to help with everything. Jay isn't allowed to carry anything over 8 pounds for a week, which means I have to lug Topher around everywhere. I can't just hand him over to Jay when I need a break. Geez, I would DIE if I were a single mom! I am really lucky to have a guy who is such a great husband and father.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I feel your pain (Ashley's...not Jay's) Ray has been in Denver all week for work, and after almost 72 hours alone with Carter I am definetly ready to hand him off!

Jen said...

P.S.
Get well soon Jay!