If I had to pick two adjectives to describe my appt today, I'd choose INFORMATIVE and LOUD!
I had my first cervix check... HOLY COW!!! Talk about painful!! My dr doesn't hold back, he just shoved in there and I screamed for about 10 seconds. Literally screamed. Seriously, who screams in their dr appointment? When I left I walked through the waiting room and all the people looked up at me and I could tell they had heard me. Geez, I'm such a wuss. Luckily, it only took 10 seconds to get all the info we needed.
Here's what we found out: I'm...
2 cm dialated
50% effaced
-1 station
I'm excited I'm making some progress! I guess all those painful "practice contractions" have been worth it!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
My doctor appointment
Posted by ashley at 9:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah, being checked HURTS like the devil. It will continue to hurt every time they check you until you have an epidural, don't let them convince you otherwise.
Yay for progress! I never made progress until I was actually induced both times...
Holy Crummy RUDE DOCTOR. The first doctor I had with my daughter checked me like that when I started bleeding around 16 weeks. I almost slapped his face. I pushed him off and headed out the door to find a new doctor. Yes it's always going to be painful (even with the next kid after you've stretched a little) but courtesy is KEY. I'm glad you screamed - he apparently needed a "gentle" reminder.
I hope things go smoothly for you! I'm excited to see new baby pictures soon!!
Thank God for epidurals!
Wow, I'm so sorry it was horrid!! Yay for the progress, though! Hope your kiddo comes soon!
I dread being checked! But, horray for some progress, it means your body is gearing up for delivery, even if that day isn't for a few more weeks.
Trust me - this is the hardest/longest part of pregnancy. Those last 2 weeks I was pregnant with Anna I couldn't believe how SLOW the time was going!
Post a Comment