Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts

At my appt last week dr said baby could come any day now. (Gulp).

He said he could start stripping my membranes if I wanted. My appt is tomorrow. Yikes.... do I want to?? Today was so painful with all the stupid cramping and braxton hicks contractions... maybe speeding up the process would be worth it.

15% of the oxygen that usually occupies my brain has moved to "other regions" of my body and the loss is obvious.

It took me over 2 hours to put together a mobile to hang over the crib. It only had 5 parts.

My "preggo brain" is so bad, yesterday was my first day back teaching and I couldn't remember kids' names.

I am drinking as much soda as I want and I don't even care at this point.

My back hurts so bad I can't get out of bed in the morning without groaning loudly.

I'm "cute like a whale". (Direct quote from a 1st grader I passed in the hall today at school. I've decided to take it as a compliment!)

6 comments:

andrea said...

I had my membranes striped twice and it never worked for me... maybe it will work for you. I remember the "prego-brain" I still have it!!!! :)
good luck with everything!

RonElaine said...

Prego brain never goes away - you just learn to deal with being crazy!

Have you been checked yet? That's surprisingly painful and stripping your membranes is even worse, just so you can be prepared if you decide that's what you want to do.

I can't beleive you are full term! Where does all the time go?

I knew you had a birthday soon, just couldn't remember when, so Happy Late Birthday! I hope you had a great day with Jay.

Rachel said...

I would do it. If you're in pain, might as well have that pain go toward shoving something out of that uterus.

I didn't think that checks hurt all that much...I much prefer getting a cervical check to a spec exam. Ugh.

Tristen said...

Would you please post some pictures of you and your cute prego belly?! Good luck with the labor and delivery!

Anonymous said...

I say get your membranes stripped, why not? Especially if you are miserable!
Funny little comment from your student.....kids say the darndest things!!!

Stephani said...

Yeah! Looks like things are getting closer - whatever you choose I hope it goes well! We are excited for you! Good luck with it all!