Sunday, January 18, 2009

My "adjusted" plan.

Since many of you seem to think my "perfect plan" is a bit too, um... unrealistic, here is my new, improved, adjusted plan.

I don't want to go into labor before Tuesday. Tuesday is a teacher prep day with no students. I really REALLY need that day to get my classroom situated and finish all my planning and prepping for my sub.

I would LOVE to teach Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday since they're such easy days. Already planned, lots of assemblies, I could totally handle it. Then go into labor Friday night.

I realize that the odds of that happening are slim, so I'm ready to negotiate:

I am good with going into labor anytime between Tuesday night and Saturday.

***BUT*** it really really REALLY needs to happen by Saturday, because Jay's boss wants to send him to Texas for 5 days on Sunday. If I haven't had the baby by Sunday, I know exactly what will happen: Jay will get on a plane for Texas Sunday, and I'll go into labor Monday. Seriously, that's what my doctor even said (quote): "The fastest way for a woman to go into labor is for her husband to leave town."

Yes I have a "perfect plan", but my new "adjusted plan" is a little more reasonable, don't you think? I'm proud of myself.

Tuesday night to Saturday.... Come on, baby!! Let's do this!!!

2 comments:

RonElaine said...

Tell Jay (and his boss for that matter) that if he leaves town you will KILL them both! My dad missed my birth because he was out of town on business.

Tell Jay, to tell his boss, that he is unavailable to leave town for work, end of story.

Stephani said...

Ahhh - things you are right - Jay just can't leave!! Just get the baby out before then- huh! Good luck - if you need me for anything, I am around and available this week and next week -so just call me!