We just had our version of back to school night called The Hot Dog Hello. I suggested calling it the Weenie Welcome but got shot down.
Parents and students came, ate hot dogs, had a short meeting and met their teachers. I only had about 10 kids show up out of the 30 on my roster. But the night was still a success. Here are a few things I learned:
1.) Don't mix grapefruit juice with rootbeer and think it will taste good. It won't.
2.) People from New York are nice but talk really fast.
3.) She who has the candy makes the rules.
4.) 6th Grade Drama 101: Given the choice, do you stay in the cool teacher's class alone, or do you transfer into the not-so-cool teacher's class to be with your best friend? The agony!!!
5.) Birthday cake always tastes good no matter how old you are.
6.) I love Costco.
7.) I don't love floppy hot dogs.
8.) I am actually excited to start school on Monday!
Friday, August 22, 2008
The Hot Dog Hello
Posted by ashley at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're so funny! Good luck on Monday. :) Love ya!
Hey girl!! How are you doing? How was your first day of school? I love the teacher stories, so keep them coming.
Post a Comment