Thursday, June 25, 2009

We all have an MJ memory.



Good or bad, we all have memories.

GOOD:
I remember crying in Free Willy. The part where the whale jumps over the little boy is just so beautiful.
I remember learning the Thriller dance so we could try to do it at school dances.
I remember seeing the video for Scream with Janet Jackson for the first time. Unreal.
I remember trying to do the moonwalk across my kitchen floor for a solid 20 minutes.
I remember seeing Captain EO at Disneyland.
I remember watching my friend Natalie dancing in pageants to an MJ medley, white sparkly glove and all, and cheering my lungs out.
I remember doing a double take during the video for Black or White... Is that Tyra Banks??? OMG it is! She's totally in the video! Ha!


BAD:
I remember him dangling a baby out of a hotel window.
I remember him making out with Lisa Marie on an MTV awards show.
I remember seeing him and Lisa Marie naked in the video for You Are Not Alone. Pretty song, but not a pretty sight.
I remember him saying the best thing in the world a person can do is to share their bed with a child. Weird and wrong.
I remember seeing pictures of him after his hundreds of plastic surgeries where it looked like his nose was just a hole in his face. Gross.


But....

I'm happy to take the bad with the good. He was and will forever be a music legend. No one will ever be able to even compare to him. Regardless of his strange behavior, the fact that he made amazing music cannot be denied. He is gone but his music will live on forever.

1 comments:

Christina said...

Hey, I got your blog from the Jan 090 PR, I officially post there since my baby was born in Jan but really I'm a part of the Feb 09 one. I agree RIP