Tomorrow is my last day teaching.
I am SOOO excited to be a stay at home mommy. That was always the plan: teach for a few years, get my level 2 permanent license, have babies and stay home for a few years to raise kids, then go back to teaching later. Things are going according to schedule...
except...
Honestly, I am completely heartbroken to be leaving teaching. Tears rolled down my cheeks today as I started taking posters off the walls and packing books in boxes. I love Sandy Elementary. I love the kids, I love the teachers, I love my classroom... it has become my home away from home. It's always hard to leave (and I should know, this is my 3rd school in 4 years), but this time it's really tough cuz it seems much more permanent. I'm leaving, not to go to another school to teach, but not to teach at all. I love teaching. I'm good at it.
Don't get me wrong; I'm definitely not having second thoughts about staying home. I know that is what I want to do and where I'm supposed to be is at home with my sweet baby Topher. But tomorrow is gonna be rough, I can feel it. I'm not good at saying goodbye.
Seems like I cry on the last day of school every year, but I have a feeling this year will be the hardest of all.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
mixed feelings
Posted by ashley at 4:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ash, my heart goes out to you. I even hate teaching and I don't know how I would handle leaving it all.... If you need a classroom to come and hang out in, you are ALWAYS welcomed in World Geography Room #209 :)
You poor girl! You are the best teacher I know, so passionate, giving, and unselfish! Good luck tomorrow, I freaking LOVE you!
And... when you start missing teaching come visit me and teach a couple of lessons for my 5th graders. :)
I know exactly what you are going through, I went through the same thing when I quit teaching. I know what you mean, being torn between two things that you love. It is so worth it in the end. I found it very helpful to sub at my old school every once in a while, it gives you a day away from home, but you also get to see all the people you miss. Good luck! If you need to talk let me know, I've been there!
I'm so sorry that it is so rough for you. I know that you are an awesome teacher. It is hard to give up something that you love so much for awhile.
Post a Comment